Setting a different title for each frame in an animation

I have a folder of legacy VTK files that are enumerated as file_0000.vtk, file_0001.vtk, and so on.

I am interested in creating an animation using this series of files, and I already know how to do this just by opening the files series in the Paraview GUI and then opening the animation view. What I would like to do, however, is the following: I want each frame in the animation to have a different title. Specifically, I want the title of each frame in the animation to be the value of a corresponding parameter I have stashed in a numpy .npz file sitting in the same directory.

I have dug around the forum, and the closest discussion I could find to my question is “Show text field changing every time step from programmable filter.” My desire, however, is that instead of displaying the time value on each frame, I want to display a parameter (a double precision float) corresponding to that vtk file instead.

If anyone has any hints about how to go about doing this, that would be greatly appreciated. I’m currently running Paraview 5.6.0 on Windows 10.

Hello!

The first thought that comes to mind is opening array of parameters and add Python Annotation filter which will display element of array with index equal to timestep.

In my project it looks like this:
PythonAnnotation
Array Association → Row Data
Expression:
“{}”.format(input.RowData[“datetime”].GetValue(0))

I haven’t opened .npz in Paraview, if it won’t work, try to convert it to .csv

1 Like