Show internal points in a structured grid

Hello!
I used Paraview in the past to visualize meshes and CFD results, now I start to use it to convert CSV data into structured grids by using the Table-to-structured-grid filter.

I’m able to obtain the grid without problem, but when I use the “Points” representation I cannot see the points inside the grids. Only the points on the external surfaces are shown,

The same for the “Wireframe” representation, the wires are shown only on the external surfaces, not inside the structured grid.

Is there a way to show internal points and wireframe?

Apologize if this topic is already present… I’ve not found the answer yet…

My paraview version is the 5.10.1 downloaded from the paraview download page
my sysop is Ubuntu 18.04.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Hi @AndreaGiorgio ,

This is expected.

Is there a way to show internal points

Use Convert To Point Cloud filter

wireframe

Use Shrink filter with a factor of 1.

Best,

I tried your suggestions, they are exactly what I need… thank a lot Mathieu.

Should I put [Solved] in the title of the topic?

All the best

You can “accept” my answer above.

hello everyone sorry to disturb you, but I can’t find the convert to point cloud filter in my paraview .My paraview version is 5.9.0 on windows 7.Can anyone help me?

Hi @LiNan

Update to 5.11 to get this new filter.

Best,

Well…that’s not a good news to me cause the computer in my company has to use win7.Is there any other ways to add this filter in 5.9.0?

You can simply download the 5.11 zipped archive here: https://www.paraview.org/download/?version=v5.11&filter=Windows

If you cant do that, you can reimplement the filter using a ProgrammableFilter, but that will not be trivial for a beginner.

If upgrading ParaView is not an option, there are a couple of things you can do in ParaView 5.9.

If all you want to do is see the points, you can change the representation to Point Gaussian. That will render all the points in your mesh regardless of any mesh.

If you really want vertex cells at all the points as the Convert To Point Cloud this filter does, it is possible with the Glyph filter, but the process is a bit weird. Add the Glyph filter, set the Glyph Type to 2D Glyph. Turn on advanced properties and you will see a second Glyph Type parameter. Set the second Glyph Type parameter to Vertex. Apply.

1 Like

Ok, maybe I can find something on github. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Thank you so much! I will try it when I go back to my work. If it works, I will tell you :grin:

Oh, one more step with the Glyph filter. Under Masking you should set Glyph Mode to All Points.