Simple exporter plugin development - crash with unable to create class error

Hi,

I am writing a custom data exporter (writing out *.nsi files for 3Delight renderer)

As Paraview is going through some transition for building plugins and most of the available information via googling refers to the pre 5.7 approach, I am starting my learning journey with Paraview 5.6

I can load in the NSIExporter.xml file and the export option shows up in Paraview 5.6 but when I actually tried to use it, it crashes with the following message

ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxy.cxx, line 377
vtkSIProxy (0x4c96710): Failed to create ‘vtkSMNSIExporterProxy’. This typically means that ParaView does not know about the request class to create an instance of if. Ensure that it has been correctly wrapped using the client-server wrappers and the wrapping has been initialised. Note class names are case-sensitive. Check for typos. Aborting for debugging purposes.

Cheers
CMakeLists.txt (189 Bytes) NSIExporter.xml (1.4 KB) vtkSMNSIExporterProxy.cpp (965 Bytes) vtkSMNSIExporterProxy.h (1.1 KB)

All the doc is either within the code as .md file or in the C++ doc.

Your plugin architecture is not complete, see an Examples/Plugin/ folder.

1 Like