Normally it is not a problem to view two different data items at the same time, but I am having two now where it seems impossible. And I must already add that it is not a coordinates problem: they ARE in the same view volume! And the two legends are appearing properly.
(1) Unstructured grid, 70367 cells (all hexahedra), 145970 points, 14MB, 6 numeric attributes
(2) Polygonal mesh, 1267 cells (all line), 2534 points, 0.14MB, 1 string and 1 numeric attribute
I have them both loaded, and I turn them on and off with the “eye” symbol in the Pipeline Browser. Example:
- (1) is on and visible, (2) off - ok
- I turn (2) on: both legends showing, but the display shows nothing (!)
- I turn both off, then (2) on: (2) appears - ok
- I turn (1) on: again both legends, no display
In other words: the two do not “want” to be shown at the same time!
I have other items, like a triangulated plane. That also does not “want” to be shown together with (2), in the same way as described above. However no problem to show it together with (1).
From this I conclude that there is “something wrong” with that item (2) - but what could it be??
I can generate another “problem item” simply by applying the “table to points” filter, generating some points with attributes in the same “working space” as my other data: That points item has again the same problem as the above item (2): It does not want to be shown together with other things!
And this is really annoying, so I would be happy about any helpful hint!