sqlite3 missing dll's

I tried loading the python module from a paraview python shell and it failed.
Upon investigation the sqlite3 support dll’s are missing.
Hopefully in the next build these files can be included.

Python 2.7.15 (default, Sep 5 2018, 14:22:01) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

from paraview.simple import *
import sqlite3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Users\ma\Downloads\ParaView-5.6.0-Windows-msvc2015-64bit\ParaView-5.6.0-Windows-msvc2015-64bit\bin\lib\sqlite3_init_.py”, line 24, in
from dbapi2 import *
File “C:\Users\ma\Downloads\ParaView-5.6.0-Windows-msvc2015-64bit\ParaView-5.6.0-Windows-msvc2015-64bit\bin\lib\sqlite3\dbapi2.py”, line 28, in
from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: No module named _sqlite3

adding the _sqlite3.pyd, _sqlie3.pdb and sqlite3.dll into the sqlite3 folder in Lib
fixes issue:

import sqlite3

The Python shipped with the ParaView pre-packaged binaries is not a full Python distribution for a variety of reasons. The sqlite3 module is one such that doesn’t work in it, sorry.

In the future (next year with Python3), there will be packages which are do a “bring your own Python” setup which will finally resolve these issues.

As a work around I found that by creating a text file that contained a list of folders to search (one search location per line) ,saving the file with the extension .pth and placing it C:\ParaView-5.6.0-Windows-msvc2015-64bit\bin\Lib\site-packages that I was able to get sqlite3 and all other desired custom python modules to load properly.