Superbuild : Paraview OpenGL UI application

Hi,

I am trying to build Paraview (with OpenGL) on an Ubuntu 18.04 box with Nvidia card (and Nvidia drivers)

What option (or combination of options) should I enable in superbuild to build the Paraview executable with the UI front end. The various combinations I tried only build the mesa variant or the osmesa variant but not the OpenGL accelerated version.

Cheer

Cheers

ENABLE_paraview
ENABLE_qt5

Why are you using the superbuild ?

Thank you Mathieu.

I am planning to do some Paraview plugin (C++) development and from what I read, the easiest way to get a Paraview SDK is via superbuild.

It appears that ENABLE_qt5 and ENABLE_paraviewsdk co-existence requires careful specification of Qt5.

I tried providing my local build of Qt5 but it still does not seem to work.

– Enabling fontconfig for: qt5
– Enabling qt5 as requested.
– Enabling paraview as requested.
– Enabling paraviewsdk as requested.
– Building projects: cxx11, nlohmannjson, zlib, png, freetype, libxml2, gperf, utillinux, fontconfig, qt5, paraview, paraviewsdk
CMake Error at projects/unix/paraviewsdk.cmake:6 (message):
Please use a system qt5 or disable qt5 to enable SDK deployment!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
projects/unix/paraviewsdk.cmake:11 (paraviewsdk_check_system_usage)
superbuild/cmake/SuperbuildMacros.cmake:979 (include)
superbuild/CMakeLists.txt:155 (superbuild_process_dependencies)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/nyue/projects/Paraview/superbuild/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
nyue@head0:~/projects/Paraview/superbuild/build$ which qmake
/home/nyue/Qt5.14.0/5.14.0/gcc_64/bin/qmake

I am planning to do some Paraview plugin (C++) development and from what I read, the easiest way to get a Paraview SDK is via superbuild.

It definitely is not. Where did you read that ?

The compilation guide is here : https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/blob/master/Documentation/dev/build.md

Regarding the SDK, it is not needed to build a plugin. A build of ParaView is enough.

The SDK in the superbuild is specific to the deployement of ParaView, not something a plugin developper should care for.

Thanks Mathieu for the heads up. I think I have mis-read the information.

From what you describe, I still need my build of Paraview (so I have access to the header files for plugin development), those header files are totally separate from the paraviewsdk purpose.

Cheers

I still need my build of Paraview

Yes