TecplotReader() causes pvpython crash (5.8.0, Windows)

Hi, I am trying to open one .dat file using TecplotReader() in pvpython.

I wrote the following command:
reader = TecplotReader(FileNames=['<filename>.dat'])

Every time I do this, pvpython crashes and closes. Am I using the correct syntax and is this the correct function to be used to open my file? I assumed so since when I use the stand-alone application, I open my DAT files using TECplot Reader.

I also tried to use TecplotTableReader() to see if this was able to open my file but I still couldn’t.

I wrote the following commands:
reader = TecplotTableReader(FileName=['<filename>.dat'])
display = Show(reader)

And I got this error:

( 145.907s) [main thread ]vtkTecplotTableReader.c:420 ERR| vtkTecplotTableReader (00000232D06BAD50): Unable to open input fileSwimmerTest_1_-20Hz-0mms-p50.dat
( 145.925s) [main thread ] vtkExecutive.cxx:753 ERR| vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (00000232D06BAE40): Algorithm vtkTecplotTableReader(00000232D06BAD50) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (00000232D0707DE0)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 300999
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_DATA
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

I also tried running this code in Anaconda Prompt and it terminates my *.py after the TecplotTableReader() function call too.

Can you share your file ?

Yes, here is a link to it since the file is pretty large.

The following works perfectly.

r=TecplotReader(FileNames=['/home/glow/Downloads/Negative0.75Simple-100Hz-0mms-p50.dat'])
s=Show(r)
Render()

Thank you for the quick response! I didn’t realize I still had to include the file address if the folder was included in my Path variable.

1 Like