Hello, I ran into some quite disturbing behaviour using ParaView 5.9.0 on a Linux machine.
My solution file contains a flow field from Navier-Stokes, time-dependent. I want to compute fluxes across a given surface over time, so I put together a pipeline like so:
- extract the relevant blocks
- append them
- generate surface
- generate surface normals
- use Calculator to compute the fluxes
- resample with dataset to the surface I’m interested into
- integrate variables
Long-story short: I thought it was cool to add temporal interpolator to sample data at regular times since I use adaptive time stepping, but then I realised that something was off.
Upon closer inspection, I saw that using a temporal interpolator somehow messes up with the whole pipeline, most likely with the Resample with dataset filter.
The symptom is that some time steps contain garbage data, but not always: if I go back and forth, it will give different results [possibly the correct one].
I attach a clip to show the issue. demo.mkv (1.0 MB)