The color of the color map is not consistent with that of color bar

Hi Paraview community members,

When I import the attached vtk files into my Paraview, and I view the DISPLACEMENT in the X direction on SURFACE, then the color scheme of the object is different from that of the color bar.

But if I view POINT GAUSSIAN instead of SURFACE, then these two color schemes are consistent.

How can I get a consistent color scheme for SURFACE option? Thank you!

All the best,
Jie
slope_intact_1.vtk (15.7 KB)

I don’t understand. When I load your data and show the X component of the displacements field, the colors look the same and correct in both Surface and Point Gaussian representations. Here is a screen shot showing that.

Perhaps you could share a screen shot showing what is wrong.

Thank you Kenneth for your reply!

Here is the screen shot in Point Gaussian representation. You may notice the position marked by a red circle, that there is no boundary between the Plain Circle and the Color Bar.
This means the color scheme of the Point Gaussian is consistent with that of the Color Bar. This is correct.
But, it is different in Surface represention.

Here is the screen shot in Surface representation. You may notice the position marked by a red circle, that there is a clear boundary between the Surface and the Color Bar. The clear bounday insists whereever you place the Color Bar, which means the color scheme of the surface representation is different from that of Color Bar. I think this should not happen.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!
Jie

This is an effect of 3D shading. See Color legend does not agree with color displayed in data for the same question and solution.

2 Likes

I believe you are seeing the effect of lighting. The surface representation exist in 3D - and it’s surface color is changed based on the angle the surface has to the set of lights used by ParaView.

I’m not sure how to set the lights to remove the effect you are seeing, however.