Trace Recorder is missing Properties in Streamtracer

Good morning Paraview Community,

by incident I found out that the Paraview Version (5.7.0) on MacOS e.g. doesn’t record the changes for the streamtracer settings while recording with the trace function. However if you repeat the same steps on the Linux Version the streamtracer settings are recorded. Do you have any idea what a solution could be?

Greetings
Moritz

That is strange. Are there any other error messages being printed? Trying opening the Python shell; the messages may be getting printed there. Is it unique to streamtracer?

Actually no error messages are printed, even in the python shell. I didn’t check if this only unique to streamtracer but it also appeared for the colorbar object. Here I moved it to another position and the change was not recorded. Maybe this is also a general Problem of the new mac OS Version.

Interesting. I am able to generate a trace that captures the Stream Tracer creation and color legend movement using ParaView 5.7.0 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. What version of macOS are you running?

Good to know! I updated a couple of days ago to Catalina (10.15.1)…this could be one reason.

Yes, we haven’t begun testing on Catalina yet. Looks like there are some issues to work out.

Could it be that you were not testing the same version of ParaView ? This looks like :
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/19636