Tried to load a .raw file, showed up blank.

I have a .raw file, 1,000,000,000 bytes, 1000x1000x1000, and I loaded it with Image Reader. I don’t know which reader I should use. The options that come up are Image Reader, VisltMirandaReader, and VisltRAWReader. I haven’t tried either of the other two. I put unsigned char for the data scalar type. I put 1, 1, 1 for the data spacing. I put 0, 999 for each of the three data extent entries. I put 1 for the number of scalar components.

The raw file contains only two different values, 0x00’s and 0x0F’s. The 0’s are intended to be empty/transparent, and the 15’s are intended to be bright white, but I have no idea how I’m supposed to tell Paraview that. For starters at least, I was just hoping I’d get lucky and it’d use the 256-color IBM palette (where 15 is bright white) and assume 0 is transparent (hah).

When I load it and apply, it just gives me an empty box frame (that I can rotate around in any direction). Why is it reading all of my voxels as empty? And how do I tell it my intended opacities, so that I can have clear voxels? And if I use more than one scalar value (say, one for opacity), how do I tell it what the various scalar values represent? And which .raw reader am I supposed to use? What’s the difference between them? The most important question is, of course, why is it empty.

Thanks…

Switch from “outline” to “volume” representation.

Thanks, that worked.