Unable to open data with ParaView

Hi @wascott , Thanks for the helpful steps.

I followed them as you instructed (except the which paraview part as I you said to use absolute path to run the binary). Well, it worked, and the files were loaded as temporal, which was very surprising to me!

I tried it with the files in my old directory again, after following the steps and the problem still persisted, which meant that it was a probably a directory path issue. I did a small test this morning, to see what works and what does not; I tried the paths something/path1.1/..., something/path1_1/... and something/path.1_1/..., see the screenshot below.

But the path something/path_1.1/... where a dot follows underscore does not seem to work on my machine.
path_doesnot_work

Here the files are not read as temporal. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that in my vtp files, I have an underscore followed by a dot.

@Rohan you just found a bug!

Thanks for your persistence here, I can confirm that putting the files in a folder named path_1.1 breaks the time series mechanism in ParaView!

Could you open an issue here ?

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues

When you open the bug, please put a reference to the issue back here. I will fund fixing it.

Hi @wascott and @mwestphal ,

Thanks for all your time help!

I have opened this bug as an issue here. Though this is the first time I am reporting a bug as an open issue for a public software, so my description of it might not be the most helpful. Let me know if any more details need to be included.

Well done. Bug report is updated. Thanks.
Alan