I would like to share my weird experience since I have no clue about it.
I have some volume data that stored the signed distance value and would be visualized by the
contour filter. Some of the arrays have opening surfaces in paraview, and I thought it is because somehow my data is broken.
One day, I launched paraview-lite and opened the
show annotation parameter in
rendering view settings to track the fps. I loaded the data and contoured them, then I found it takes a lot of time to set a proxy invisible (before I show the annotation, it takes no time to set a proxy invisible). I reload the browser while it is still progressing (the blue progress bar on top is running). And I got these error messages:
ERROR:asyncio:Task exception was never retrieved future: <Task finished name='Task-64' coro=<WslinkHandler.sendWrappedMessage() done, defined at C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\wslink\backends\aiohttp\__init__.py:584> exception=AssertionError()> Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\wslink\backends\aiohttp\__init__.py", line 638, in sendWrappedMessage await ws.send_bytes(attachments[key]) File "C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\web_ws.py", line 307, in send_bytes await self._writer.send(data, binary=True, compress=compress) File "C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\http_websocket.py", line 685, in send await self._send_frame(message, WSMsgType.BINARY, compress) File "C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\http_websocket.py", line 656, in _send_frame await self.protocol._drain_helper() File "C:\Program Files\ParaView 5.11.2\bin\Lib\site-packages\aiohttp\base_protocol.py", line 84, in _drain_helper assert waiter is None or waiter.cancelled()
And the strange thing happened here. When the browser is reconnected, the opening surface of the counter got close and became the correct image I expect. Setting a proxy to invisible also becomes costing no time.
I think there are two mysteries here:
- Showing annotation make modification on proxy become time costly.
- Unexpectedly reloading (while processing) somehow “fix” the image.
Anyone having any clue about it would be very helpful to me. Thank you!