Volume rendering fails to refresh.

Hi. I am following the tutorial on volume rendering, and the following is my screenshot:

As you can see, when rotating the volume, previous renderings will not disappear. I simply opened the dist_out_ref.ex2 data and changed the colour to Pres and the representasion to Volume. Do I miss something or is it a bug?

I am using a MacBook Air (M2, 2022), my OS is MacOS Monterey, and my ParaView is the latest, i.e. ParaView-5.11.0-RC1-MPI-OSX11.0-Python3.9-arm64.

Hi Xu,
Welcome to the community! I am glad you shared this post, because it dose provide some more data for Kitware on volume rendering on the Mac. I have Mac as well and there is are multiple issue reports filed with Kitware, because volume rendering dose not work properly on the Mac yet. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro that it does work on, but every other Mac I have, it fails. I do not have an M2 Mac, but one of my co-workers has an M1, and it fails as well. To get around the problem, I downloaded VirtualBox and installed Fedora Linux in it. Paraview works perfect on it. I am also aware that Kitware is working hard to resolve all the issues that are out there, in addition to adding new features.

I hope this helps and enjoy using this tool as it is awesome!

-Phil

Sounds like the exact issue described here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/issues/21544

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply! Nevertheless, It is good to know that it is a known issue… I’ll find a workaround. Meanwhile, do look forward to the team to fixing this feature on Mac!

Xu

Yes, looks exactly the same.