Warning while saving animation to png files

In paraview V5.6.0 I get this warning while saving a series of png files:
Generic Warning: In C:\bbd\ecd3383f\build\superbuild\paraview\src\ParaViewCore\ClientServerCore\Rendering\vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1805

Missing VIEW().

Nothing is wrong with the output images. I just get this warning that I never used to.
My pipeline is a Transform (translation) -> threshold (masking) -> slice -> glyph.

Jvoor,
I just tried to replicate this, and couldn’t. A few thoughts:

• Edit/ Reset to Default Settings. Save your old settings, if this fixes the issue, Kitware will want copies so they can figure out what is wrong.
  • Please give details. What OS, what data set? Can you replicate it using Examples/ can.exo or disk_out_ref.exo? Please give every step - for instance, after glyph, how did you save screenshot? .png?

Alan

Hi Alan,

Resetting my settings did not fix the issue. I cannot reproduce the issue using the can.exo example so maybe it is linked to my data somehow. I am working with a structured (curvilinear) grids which I translate, threshold using a mask, slice down a plane and then display some glyphs based on 3D vector data. What is weird is it is only to do with this slice. When I slice in an orthogonal plane I do not get the same warning.
OS = Windows 10 64 bit. I save the screenshots using the ‘Save Animation’ tool as pngs.

Maybe this is too specific a problem. In the end the output is completely fine, but thought I would mention it in case it causes issues for someone else at a later stage.

I have the same issue. When rendering the PNG files into a sequence I got a lot of warnings as the following, for every png file that is rendered:

Blockquote
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1820
Missing VIEW().
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1637
Missing VIEW().
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1693
Missing VIEW().
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1820
Missing VIEW().
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1637
Missing VIEW().
Generic Warning: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVRenderView.cxx, line 1805
Missing VIEW().

Then at some point Paraview crashes with ‘segmentation fault’. This error appears in 5.6.0. For 5.6.1, Paraview just crashes at the first frame of PNG rendered.