xcb_shm_attach() failed

Hello,

I recently built two Paraview versions v5.7.0 and v5.8.1 on Debian GNU/Linux 8.11 and have been getting these errors whenever I interact with the GUI:

These errors appear when I try to open a file, move the GUI window, or otherwise interact with the model itself. The errors appear for both versions of Paraview I have built. It seems like the software works fine, but the constantly appearing error messages are quite annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

That a new one.

Can you try with our last binary release from: https://www.paraview.org/download/ ?

Hi Mathieu,

I was able to successfully download and run the newest binary release v5.9.1 without any errors. This is encouraging. However, I need to be able to build and use the software from gitlab because my research group has developed plug-ins for Paraview that depend upon the PARAVIEW_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS option in cmake being turned on and reading in the new plugins.

I am wondering if there is a way to just suppress/hide the error message box? Since the software seems to be running fine with the errors, I wonder if just hiding the messages would be the easiest solution.

Thank you!
Connor

Just dock the window somewhere and ignore it ?