Thank you for the tips and information.
Addressing each by numbrer:
So what can I do in the index.json to re-add the texture map? (I tested again, and it’s definitely not being included.)
Here’s the output from when I have a CSV file reader:
Generic Warning: In /Users/kitware/dashboards/buildbot-slave/a64f5607/build/superbuild/paraview/src/Remoting/Export/vtkPVWebExporter.cxx, line 71
Failed to rename datasets using ParaView proxy name
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/ParaView-5.8.0-RC1.app/Contents/Python/paraview/web/vtkjs_helper.py”, line 64, in applyParaViewNaming
renameMap = getRenameMap()
File “/Applications/ParaView-5.8.0-RC1.app/Contents/Python/paraview/web/vtkjs_helper.py”, line 39, in getRenameMap
names = getAllNames()
File “/Applications/ParaView-5.8.0-RC1.app/Contents/Python/paraview/web/vtkjs_helper.py”, line 21, in getAllNames
actorRep = simple.GetRepresentation(val).GetClientSideObject().GetActiveRepresentation().GetActor()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘GetClientSideObject’
NOTE: I found that I get a similar result when including a “Text” source as well.
Oh, and when this happens, the .vtkjs directory is created, but it doesn’t get zipped into a file, and also the items in the list still have just a numeric name rather than their name in the pipeline.
So … I just tried zipping up that directory and naming it to be a .vtkjs file, and
then I loaded it into ParaView Glance – and it works! It reads the CVS data and outputs my glyphs! But as noted, all the elements in the pipeline are just numbers so I’d need to edit the index.json file to correct that. Which basically means it mostly works, but some small thing generates an error that doesn’t allow the finalization of creating the .vtkjs zip file. (And as a reminder, this is with ParaView 5.8-RC1, ParaView 5.7 crashes, though it too leaves the .vtkjs directory behind.)
One final comment on item #2 – I was pleased to search and discover that vim will let me edit .vtkjs files without having to unzip and rezip them! That will come in very handy once I start tweaking the .vtkjs files!
3. I was partially mistaken about the pipeline elements showing up in the Glance interface. It’s true that only the “visible” elements are added to the ParaView Glance interface on the left side, but added is what happens. So when I loaded a .vtkjs file, and then went back and loaded another .vtkjs file, the elements from both of these show up! So for a quick example, I loaded the example molecule glance file, and then loaded my own .vtkjs file, and the molecule is still in the interface! So that’s why I was seeing so many elements there. Perhaps this isn’t considered a bug, but it’s very odd and unexpected behavior.
I still have more ParaView Glance questions, but I’ll start a new thread for those. Right now, for this thread, I guess I’m waiting to hear about the texture map solution, and also hoping that the reading of CSV files and adding “Text” source types can be exported to .vtkjs without generating errors that cause the .vtkjs to not be finalized.