Define Exports option not available

@Andy_Bauer @utkarsh.ayachit @mwestphal or any experienced user/developer of catalyst
Define Exports option not available. I’m a beginner in ParaView Catalyst. I was going through the UserGuide. I’m stuck because I don’t see the Define Export option in ParaView GUI. Please help.

I’m stuck in this for long and am unable to follow along with the tutorial provided to use ParaView Catalyst in the documentation. Please help.

@Francois_Mazen @nicolas.vuaille maybe

Hello @dutta-alankar ,

You are trying to use old-fashion Catalyst scripts. The option Define Export is not available anymore, you should use the new scripts version and the Extractors instead.

You can have a look at this short introduction to Catalyst2: How to try out Catalyst2

1 Like

@nicolas.vuaille
I was going through the Catalyst link you provided and tried to use it for CFullExample given as I intend to use it with a C code. I don’t seem to get a proper png extract. grid seems to be fine.

Although the code runs, I get the following error messages:

(  25.905s) [pvbatch.3       ]vtkSMImageExtractWriter:173    ERR| vtkSMImageExtractWriterProxy (0x5560ee007250): No view provided to generate extract from!
(  25.905s) [pvbatch.3       ]vtkSMExtractsController:185    ERR| vtkSMExtractsController (0x5560e9f83d90): Write failed! Extracts may not be generated correctly!
(  26.037s) [pvbatch.1       ]vtkSMImageExtractWriter:173    ERR| vtkSMImageExtractWriterProxy (0x560f4fcc89a0): No view provided to generate extract from!
(  26.037s) [pvbatch.1       ]vtkSMExtractsController:185    ERR| vtkSMExtractsController (0x560f4bc44e40): Write failed! Extracts may not be generated correctly!
(  26.039s) [pvbatch.2       ]vtkSMImageExtractWriter:173    ERR| vtkSMImageExtractWriterProxy (0x5639c1ddde80): No view provided to generate extract from!
(  26.039s) [pvbatch.2       ]vtkSMExtractsController:185    ERR| vtkSMExtractsController (0x5639bdd40c90): Write failed! Extracts may not be generated correctly!
(  26.347s) [pvbatch.0       ]vtkSMImageExtractWriter:173    ERR| vtkSMImageExtractWriterProxy (0x55bde765b880): No view provided to generate extract from!
(  26.347s) [pvbatch.0       ]vtkSMExtractsController:185    ERR| vtkSMExtractsController (0x55bddfe8a9d0): Write failed! Extracts may not be generated correctly!

Extracts produced by the pipeline shared in your tips post (attached) generates clipped images (camera issue maybe!)

On changing camera properties, I see this:

I appreciate any help or guidance in the right direction.

One more point I wanted to add is that I used the following commands to compile the example code instead of using cmake because the project where I want to implement Catalyst doesn’t use cmake. Therefore, I wanted to get a good understanding of the build variables needed by compiling this way.

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/alankar/comp_libs/catalyst/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export CPATH=/home/alankar/comp_libs/catalyst/include/catalyst-2.0

export CATALYST_IMPLEMENTATION_PATHS="/home/alankar/Downloads/ParaView-5.10.1-MPI-Linux-Python3.9-x86_64/lib/catalyst"
export CATALYST_IMPLEMENTATION_NAME="paraview"
mpicc FEDataStructures.c FEDriver.c -L/home/alankar/comp_libs/catalyst/lib -lcatalyst -I/home/alankar/comp_libs/catalyst/include/catalyst-2.0 -DUSE_CATALYST=1 -DPARAVIEW_IMPL_DIR=\"/home/alankar/Downloads/ParaView-5.10.1-MPI-Linux-Python3.9-x86_64/lib/catalyst\" -o FEDriver
mpiexec -n 4 ./FEDriver catalyst2_pipeline.py

After some trying and playing around with the python script (catalyst2_pipeline.py (7.1 KB)), I was able to generate something better but got the following warning messages.

(   3.630s) [pvbatch.0       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x560192aeb580): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(   3.624s) [pvbatch.1       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x558637bab690): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(   3.630s) [pvbatch.2       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x55842f5b8390): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(   3.630s) [pvbatch.3       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x55bd003d7360): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(  32.188s) [pvbatch.0       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x56019199f160): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(  32.183s) [pvbatch.1       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x558636719930): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(  32.188s) [pvbatch.2       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x55842e159880): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.
(  32.188s) [pvbatch.3       ]vtkSOADataArrayTemplate:338   WARN| 23vtkSOADataArrayTemplateIdE (0x55bcfef785d0): GetVoidPointer called. This is very expensive for non-array-of-structs subclasses, as the scalar array must be generated for each call. Using the vtkGenericDataArray API with vtkArrayDispatch are preferred. Define the environment variable VTK_SILENCE_GET_VOID_POINTER_WARNINGS to silence this warning.

This is what I got:

Found a similar topic on discourse with this warning message. Can someone help me with this?
Post with same warning message