Error importing transient OpenFoam (.foam) decomposed data with Paraview on Windows 10 platform

Hi,

I posted the message below 20 days ago. I have not received a response. If someone has experience with this issue, I would be grateful if you could respond. Thanks.

I am sorry if this matter has already been raised. I performed some cursory checks and could not find a relevant topic related to this.

I have Paraview 5.6.0 and 4.40 installed on a Windows 10 platform. I am trying to visualize transient CFD data from a multiprocessor run using openFoam. I have data for Paraview input prepared as native openFoam (distributed and reconstructed in which the respective folders includes a case.foam file) and VTK files created using the foamToVTK utility.

Paraview 5.6.0 and 4.40 fail to read in the data when I attempt to ‘Apply’ after reading the case .foam file and the ‘Case Type’ is listed as ‘Decomposed Case’. If I reconstruct the data using the appropriate utility in openFoam and then try to read it in to Paraview, there is no problem.

I will note that when I try to read in the ‘Decomposed Case’ using Paraview 4.4.0 on a Windows 7 platform, I do NOT get any error message. The error messages have been attached as a PowerPoint. I hope they come through OK.

Does anyone know why this problem is occurring with decomposed data on Windows 10?

Thank you.

Presentation1.pptx (144.9 KB)

Please share your dataset.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I will need to set this up with one of the OpenFoam tutorial test cases, as the one I am working with is confidential. However, I would like to know if there is a size limit on what can be uploaded. Please advise.

Yes there is a limit, but you can use an external sharing site if necessary.

Hi,

I’ve loaded some data sets as part of this link a few days ago. Please let me know if you were able to download and reproduce the error. Thank you: