Labels in multi-column VTK objects

Dear colleagues! I did the calculations using Programmable Filter and append the results to CellData using output.CellData.append(MyData, ‘Title’). Depending on the number of columns in MyData, they are assigned the label XY, XYZ, 1234 (see figures). Is it possible to assign a custom label, for example, 230MPa, 270MPa, 300MPa

xyz

Hi @Andrei ,

use SetComponentName to manually set the name.

Best,

Dear @mwestphal , thank you very much for the answer! Could you give more information? How to apply the solution to an object MyData that contains for example, three components (not counting Magnitude)

MyData.SetComponentName(???)
output.CellData.append(MyData, 'Title')

Hi @Andrei ,

Probably something like:

output.CellData.append(MyData, 'Title')
output.CellData.GetArray("Title").SetComponentName("name")

I dont think the numpy adaptor is equiped with component name api.

@nicolas.vuaille

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work yet. It is possible that another software environment is meant. I am working in a ProgrammableFilter. Here are the parameters of the object after

print(dir(MyData))
print(type(MyData))
['Arrays', 'Association', 'DataSet', 'GetArrays', 'GetSize', 'Initialized', 'Name', '_Arrays', '_VTKCompositeDataArray__init_from_composite', '__add__', '__and__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__dict__', '__dir__', '__doc__', '__eq__', '__floordiv__', '__format__', '__ge__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__gt__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__init_subclass__', '__le__', '__lshift__', '__lt__', '__mod__', '__module__', '__mul__', '__ne__', '__new__', '__or__', '__pow__', '__radd__', '__rand__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__rfloordiv__', '__rlshift__', '__rmod__', '__rmul__', '__ror__', '__rpow__', '__rrshift__', '__rshift__', '__rsub__', '__rtruediv__', '__rxor__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__sub__', '__subclasshook__', '__truediv__', '__weakref__', '__xor__', '_numeric_op', '_reverse_numeric_op', 'astype', 'size']
<class 'paraview.vtk.numpy_interface.dataset_adapter.VTKCompositeDataArray'>

This is not an actual array

I’m very sorry, I updated the output of the function dir and type above