local state file + remote data + pv-visualizer

Hello,

I am trying to load a state file (stroed locally) and it is referring to the data on the server (remote) using pv-visualizer. Any ideas as to how to do it?

Some additional points to make:

• Why I am doing like this: (Loading State file in Paraview Client - #2 by wascott)

• This works fine with the paraview (but not with visualizer)

• I tried giving multiple paths (one local and one remote) in the --data argument as follows:
    –data ‘data1=remotepath|data2=localpath’ but this does not work either.

In visualizer the purpose of --data is really to limit server side data browsing. In fact the Python code that execute on the server can only see the server side. If you want to read a local file, you will have to use the browser file dialog to browse your local files. And then send it to the server for processing. But to achieve that part, you will have to extend the web application logic.

Hope that make sense,

Seb

Thanks Sebastien for such a quick and precise reply.

Based on your comment, what worked for me is the following:

What worked for me is (and I do this because I want to automate as much as possible):

• --load-file [local state-file path and name]
  • Didn’t use --data (as the remote files that I wanted to open/process were already referenced inside the local state file)

In that case, you state file is still on the server, not on the client. :wink:
It works for you because you run it locally.

Yes, but what I have is a three way system:

A client: accesses the website where paraview visualizer is hosted
A website: backend of the website
A remote: this is where the calculation/visualization happens.

A client accesses just the website basically, where it can click on different buttons on the webpage and on the back end of the website, it will do some tasks (based on python flask such as launching a new paraview web visualizer session).

Referring to the above nomenclature, the statefiles are stored on the “website server” but the xdmf/visualization files are stored on the “remote”

I see, that make sense as you are using pvpython@website and pvserver@remote rather than running pvpython@remote directly and doing ws proxy from website to remote.

1 Like