ParaView 5.10.0-RC1 available for download

:tada::tada::tada:

The ParaView team is very happy to announce that ParaView 5.10.0-RC1 is finally available for download at:

https://www.paraview.org/download/

In addition, ParaView’s git repository and superbuild repository have been tagged with v5.10.0-RC1 and Spack package manager is being updated to include this new release.

All the documentation including tutorial, guides, references, and examples have been updated as well to reflect the all the new features included in this release.

Preliminary release notes are available here.

Please let us know if you find any problems.

Thanks!

The ParaView team

:tada::tada::tada:

7 Likes

Awesome. Just read through the initial release notes, some exciting stuff in there.

I see that the Resample With Dataset filter now works with partial arrays, do you happen to know if Resample To Image has been similarly updated? (Sorry I’m not able to test myself at the moment.)

Looking forward to getting my hands on this release!

I read there is a Node Editor.

I have just build via superbuild

-D PARAVIEW_ENABLE_NODEEDITOR=ON \

I don’t seems to find it. Is there any screen shot of it ?

Cheers

Hello Nicholas,

the Node Editor is a plugin so you might need to enable it in ParaView in the menu Tools -> Manage Plugins. Once loaded if you still cannot see it you need to enable View -> Node Editor. Also please note that the Node Editor is still in early development and have some known issues (see gitlab issue 20726).

The latest developed version of the node editor is on this MR : https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/-/merge_requests/5065. There is a video in the description and lots of screenshot in the discussions.

Haven’t seen mention of a RC2 coming any time. Is this a good sign (ie, close to making final), or a bad sign (too many regressions)?

RC2 is just coming out of the oven. Kitware has done a good job trying to have RC2 be final bits. Should be early next week’ish.

1 Like

Very nice. We are gearing up for our own release in December and would really like to include 5.10 in the source packs as well.