ParaView 5.6.3 in openFoam installation

Hello

I’m a beginner on linux and openFoam
i tried to install openFoam something i managed to do but paraview doesn’t work and when i try to install from third party with ./makeParaView i get the following error:

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/home/berkane/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-v2006/build/linux64Gcc/ParaView-5.6.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/home/berkane/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-v2006/build/linux64Gcc/ParaView-5.6.3/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.x-special/nautilus-clipboard

I attach you the two files/

CMakeOutput.log (175.2 KB)

CMakeError.log (21.3 KB)

N.B: Iam using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, GNOME 3.36.3 and openFOAM2006.

Thank you for your help.
Regards
Guy.

Hi and welcome.

I will most likely not find help here, as this is an OpenFOAM question, not a ParaView question.

Hello,
this morning, I have opened a topic on ParaView Installation through OpenFOAM, (cmake error ("-lsocket not found") for Paraview 5.6.3 from OpenFOAM 8 installation on linux) but for a more recent version (2008).
I have encountered your error, and others with non recognized options for g++ (I use 10.1 version). I have solved them by commenting the corresponding lines in the CMakeLists.txt file which is
ThirdParty-8/ParaView-5.6.3/VTK/ThirdParty/eigen/vtkeigen/CMakeLists.txt
It’s about line 170-200, all the following lines have been commented because of their options that are not recognized :
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-Wshorten-64-to-32")
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-Wenum-conversion")
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-Wc++11-extensions")
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-Wconversion")
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-wd981")
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-wd2304")
check_cxx_compiler_flag("-strict-ansi" COMPILER_SUPPORT_STRICTANSI)
ei_add_cxx_compiler_flag("-Qunused-arguments")

I hope it will help you.

Regards,
Guy.

I get the same problem