Paraview crashes when opneing xdmf files from dolfinx

Continuing the discussion from Paraview crashes when opening xdmf files created with FEniCSx:

I am facing a very similar problem. My code crashes either when I want to visualize the results or when i want to apply the properties. The solution in the mentioned post was to name the functionspace in FEniCSx. I applied this solution without success. The file I try to open is very small so I do not think it is a problem of memory.

The specs of my setup are:
Lenovo Think Pad with an Intel(R) Core™ i7-8550U CPU @1.80GHZ. It’s a 64-Bit-System with Windows 11 Pro version 23H2. I have an Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 graphic card.
I use ParaView version 5.13.0 and I have python 3.10.12 installed.

I attached the file. Anyone an idea how to solve this issue?
diffusion.xdmf (13.2 KB)
diffusion.h5 (3.0 MB)

did you miss to share the diffusion.h5 file?

Yes I did. Sorry for that, the post is updated now.

I could solve the issue myself.

Apparently my Python code from WSL did not copy the h5 file correctly but only a reference to the original file within the Ubuntu file system on WSL. Paraview did not recognize / had no access to this file which is why it did break. I have solved the issue by coding a batch script on my windows system which I can call from the WSL linux subsystem. This batch simply copies the files now and then everything works.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like