Paraview desktop application is a blank white window on startup - Win10 64bit

Hi All, just starting my Paraview journey.

I have downloaded the 5.10.1 version for windows and run the installer without issue.

I have installed on D drive.

Upon execution, I am presented with the Welcome to Paraview splash screen, which I click the close button on. The main application window then just sits there empty and nothing happens.

I have let this run for some time, but nothing happens and task manager shows no real CPU activity.

I assume I have missed some configuration or have a driver problem?

Any suggestions would be most apprecitated.

Strud

Hi @strud ,

Which GPU are you using ?

Please take a look at this:

This may be a different issue, but you never know.

I have the Intel HD Graphics 3000
Driver version 9.17.10.4459

Apparenlty Intel tells me this is the latest available driver…

Wildly out of date (4years), looks like an intel issue: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-Out-of-Date/td-p/582817

We cant really help here, you wont be able to run ParaView on such old hardware with out of date driver.

I have a much older HP laptop than that with an Intel HD Graphics card. Paraview works fine with my local build on Windows 10.

With updated drivers, sure.

1 Like

i have been having the same issue. i can see the top menu but nothing in the screen.
i have the latest Nvidia drivers and I have (2) Ada A6000 gpu’s.

Looks like a different issue, related to your A6000 cards.

Same card and driver, got it working with version 5.11.2
I used the Windows mesa installer 23.3.0.rc3, perappdeploy.cmd and that solved the problem.
Don’t put in the application name, it didn’t work with it the first time. After re-running without it bingo!