Paraview for macOS Monterey

Is Paraview available for macOS Monterey?

I believe the upcoming ParaView release 5.10 is compatible, you can try the RC1 release: https://www.paraview.org/download/

Thanks. I have downloaded release 5.10 RC1 but when I try to install I get the message:
“There are no mountable file systems in the disk image” .

@cory.quammen

Did the disk image ultimately mount despite the message? That was our experience when testing.

No it did not mount.

Hello,
A mac os monterey user here. Would love to know if the new RC2 release has been tested with monterey os. Just installed it and looks like the application just hangs after opening. I cannot toggle any options or load any file. Any solution to my problem is greatly appreicated. I have had to make dew with running the application on my windows till now but would love to know if the new mac os supports paraview.
Thanks

Not sure if this is even related but sounds like a bug we hit with our application on Big Sur. Try “export QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER=1” on a command line and then try opening ParaView through that same terminal. Google for “QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER” for others that have a similar sounding issue. Maybe this is related, maybe not…

Thanks for the suggestion. Beause of your reply I finally decided to dig deep on my own and tried a few things including your suggestion. Ultimately a simple thing suggested by the person Walter Scott in an earlier blog related to Big Sur helped in getting the new release to work on my mac.https://discourse.paraview.org/t/paraview-5-8-x-macos-big-sur-freezes-on-any-action-after-opening/6283/13

I can confirm this.
It would be great to have a proper Monterey build

The weird part is that if we just build our Qt based application it will run normally on Big Sur and Monterey. It is when we package with Anaconda that we have the problem. Anaconda does use Qt 5.12 where as I think we build the stand alone with Qt 5.14 (if I remember correctly). Not sure what Qt version ParaView is using for their release builds.