ParaView hackathon Wednesday, March 24

Kitware will be holding a ParaView hackathon on Wednesday, march 24, from 8am EST (2pm GMT+2) to late.

It is open to anyone willing to contribute, with or without coding skills.

Here are the objectives of this hackathon :

• Cleaning up any warnings or issues on the dashboards.
  • Check and fix simple outstanding issues.

This hackathon will, of course, be only virtual.
Click to add to your calendar: https://kutt.it/H5A20H

A Google Meet meeting will be accessible here: https://meet.google.com/wij-thwu-xup.
It will NOT be used for extensive communications and discussions, but only for short questions, greetings and cheering up :slight_smile:

A slack channel will also be accessible, technical questions and discussions will surely take places there : Slack

If you are not a kitwarean, please make sure to send me a private message here or a mail at mathieu.westphal@kitware.com to be able to gain access.
If you are a kitwarean, please make sure to accept the event you have been invited to, you will then be invited to the slack.

Before the hackathon, Issues will be tagged with the hackathon tag.
It means they have been identified to be addressable in some forms during the hackthon.
Thoses Issues

Certain issues will also have been tagged with the dashboards tag.
It means these issues are related to the dashboard. Please focus on these issues.
Those issues

Certain issues will also have been tagged with the needs-testing tag.
It means these issues should be tested to see if they can still be reproduced or can be closed.
Once tested, they may or may not be fixed during the hackathon.
Those issues

Certain issues will also have been tagged with the documentation tag.
These types of issues generally do not require any kind of Programming knowledge.
Those issues

Certain issues will also have been tagged with the easy tag.
It means these issues would be perfect for a ParaView beginner to try and fix them.
Those issues

When closing an issue, either by a fix or because issue is not present anymore, make sure to add the needs-verifications tag and to remove the needs-testing tag.

Please make sure to read our develop guide

Q&A :

I want to contribute but I’m only a ParaView user and I’d rather not use git.

You can absolutely contribute by testing the issues with the needs-testing tag, see above.

I want to contribute and I know how to use git, but am not a programmer.

You can absolutely contribute by improving ParaView documentation, see above.

I want to contribute and am a Programmer, but never touched ParaView code before.

This hackathon is the perfect time to start ! You may want to try to fix an easy tagged issue.

I have an idea for a feature for ParaView !

This hackathon is focused on issue fixing. Nevertheless, this is the perfect place to try and learn about ParaView and the developement process.

I don’t know what to do, how to merge, what is the next step, unsure about anything.

Either tag me in the slack or on gitlab :slight_smile:.

1 Like