ParaView Issue Hackathon - June 15, 2023

What

ParaView’s issue tracker has many issues that may be no longer relevant or solved during the course of development. A clean issue tracker helps the ParaView community stay informed about current problems and concerns with the software. This hackathon will aim to clean up the issue tracker by confirming that issues persist and closing issues that no longer apply.

Example ways to participate:

• Triage an issue. Given the information in the issue, see if it can be reproduced in the latest version of ParaView (download). Mark it with an appropriate triage label.
  • Request more information from the reporter if the issue is not clear.
  • Close the issue if it is no longer reproducible.

Who

Participation is open to the public. Anyone interested in ParaView as a user or as a developer is welcome, and so is anyone who wants to take part in an open source project. A computer is needed to access the ParaView issue tracker during the hackathon. If you plan to join, please let us know in the replies to this topic.

When

Date: June 15, 2023

3PM - 11PM Central European Summer Time (UTC+02:00)
9AM - 5PM Eastern Daylight Time (UTC−04:00)

Where

Location: This will be a virtual hackathon, though participants at the same location are welcome to join from a shared video conference link. Connection information is below.

ParaView Issue Hackathon

Thursday, June 15 · 9:00am – 4:50pm
Time zone: America/New_York
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sxr-tqqv-myo
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 774-369-0053‬ PIN: ‪876 431 899‬#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/sxr-tqqv-myo?pin=4587244485348

4 Likes

I’m planning to join.

1 Like

@phismith and I (@wascott ) will join. Thanks to Kitware for holding this.
Alan

1 Like

There is the triage:needs-info label for this.

Please add the workflow:needs-verification label when closing issues.

If anyone needs access to manage labels, feel free to ask. For those granting permissions, the Reporter level is sufficient for label editing.

1 Like

Can I suggest working with the last nightly release as well ? Issue fixed in master can be closed too.

Close the issue if it is no longer reproducible.

No need to add the “needs-verification” label ? I think so but just checking.

I plan to join for the morning.

1 Like

Please join the ParaView Issue Hackathon, which is happening now!

A big thank you to all who attended a very successful ParaView Issue Hackathon! About 12 ParaView developers and community members from around the world joined at various times throughout the day.

Together, we examined a total of 234 open issues. Of those 138 were determined to have been fixed or no longer relevant. We started with 2037 issues and ended the day with 1899.

Additionally, we confirmed a number of issues and tagged them as such. Where issues weren’t clear we requested from the reporter.

Thank you to all who contributed today, and I look forward to seeing you at the next one!

4 Likes