paraview pvESSI plug

Hellow.
I downloaded and built paraview 5.10.1 source version on Ubuntu 22.04LTS. The plug-in I want to use is listed on github, and I installed it as instructed, but it does not install.

Installation

Currently, the plugin is not distributable type. There are two ways to install the plugin. First (A), is to build the plugin along with the paraview source and the other method (B) is to build the plugin externally and then integrate with paraview. The second option assumes that paraview is already build fro source into the system. For both ways, the steps are documented below. Although both ways require paraview to be present, it is encouraged to build pvESSI along with paraview source.

How do you install it ? A or B ?

I’m going to do it in method A. :slight_smile:

I’d not recommend it but as you see fit. Are you able to compile ParaView already ?

I don’t know how to do it well…
I also received the Paraview source and built it using cmkae and make. However, during the process of building Paraview, not all plugs in the source files are built…

You need to enable them probably.

May I know how to activate it?

Using ccmake, cmake-gui, cmake…

It’s only been 2 weeks since I started using Ubuntu, so I don’t know much. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I suggest using ccmake and look for the plugin related options.

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.8)

include(GNUInstallDirs)
set(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON)

find_package(ParaView REQUIRED)

paraview_plugin_scan(
  PLUGIN_FILES "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/Plugin/paraview.plugin"
  PROVIDES_PLUGINS plugins
  ENABLE_BY_DEFAULT ON)

paraview_plugin_build(
  PLUGINS ${plugins})

Is it okay to modify cmakelist in the plug file?

No, this is not the recommended way.