In line with the recent improvements to the Programmable filters and python editor , we are thinking of improving the calculator and python calculator formulaes managements.
One could think to rely on the python editor in the same way as the programmable filters, however, this has a few issues:
- Both calculator supports only one liner, not in line with a text editor
- Calculator formulaes are not python, which would be confusing to edit in a python editor.
So here is what I have in mind:
- Make the formula line edit as wide as possible for both calculator
- Make the formula line edit multiline with automatic wrapping so that long one liner can be seen whole
- Add a setting to store and manage named python and calculator one liner. Think “Tools->Formulae Manager”.
- Let the user access these formulae in a searchable combo box in the [python] calculator
- Let the user add the current formula in a new saved formula
- Let the user open the Formulae Manager from the [python] calculator