Surface LIC doesn't work

Hi!
Here’s what I’ve done so far: I loaded Surface LIC and enabled Auto Load, restarted Praview, loaded the simulation data (incompressible flow made in Simscale), extracted the internal mesh and set the coloring to U (air velocity). Then I made a slice (coloring: also U) and the slice looks fine when using Surface view. Then I tried changing the view to Surface LIC and the whole slice just disappears. I tried using different filters: StreamTracer, SurfaceVectors both before making a slice and after making a slice and then changing the view to Surface LIC and it still didn’t work for any combination of filters. I tried using data from different simulations, changing the coloring (to p for example), tried restarting Paraview multiple times and now I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Any ideas?

Please save the dataset that is not working with surfaceLIC and share it here.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply!
.pvsm file or just case.foam file?

Ideally, just the slice you mention here , by using File → Save Data

the slice looks fine when using Surface view. Then I tried changing the view to Surface LIC and the whole slice just disappears.

slice_no_filters.csv (1.5 MB)

Like this?

Save as a .vtp file please.

Thank you for your patience, I can get the .vtp file only if I use Export scene… but i can’t upload it here becuase is too big (9931 KB), I tried compressing it and uploading the zip file but It’s still to big. If I use Save Data… I can save the slice as: .vtm, .geo, .ply, .stl, .obj, .xmf, .exo file, would any of those be useful?

slice7.vtp (567.1 KB)
No, wait, here it is!
Edit: here’s another one, just the slice with Surface view SLICE_NO_LIC.vtp (564.8 KB)

Your scalars_ field is a 4 component array. SurfaceLIC works with 3 components array.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll see what I can do about that. Thank you!

Hi,

I’m facing the same issue,
@Klara how did you finally solve the issue?

please open your own topic