unable to connect to a pvserver on a remote machine

I write a server configuration file following the example here: Using SSH Support to secure your client/server communication with ParaView

The part of the configuration file concerning the machine I want to connect to is here:

<Server name="name" configuration="" resource="cs://remote_machine_hostname:11111">
    <CommandStartup>
      <SSHCommand exec="/cluster/software/ParaView/5.9.1-foss-2021a-mpi/bin/pvserver" timeout="0" delay="5">
        <SSHConfig user="my_user_name">
          <Terminal exec="C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe"/>
        </SSHConfig>
        <Arguments>
          <Argument value="$PV_SERVER_PORT$"/>
        </Arguments>
      </SSHCommand>
    </CommandStartup>   
  </Server>

Using the Windows powershell, I am able to connect to the remote server with the command ssh my_user_name@remote_machine_hostname

However, when I try to connect to the server from within paraview, I get the following error:

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Common\System\vtkSocket.cxx, line 447
vtkClientSocket (000002D02FE78820): Socket error in call to connect. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

ERROR: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\VTK\Common\System\vtkClientSocket.cxx, line 51
vtkClientSocket (000002D02FE78820): Failed to connect to server remote_machine_hostname:11111

Warning: In C:\glr\builds\paraview\paraview-ci\build\superbuild\paraview\src\Remoting\Core\vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager.cxx, line 396
vtkTCPNetworkAccessManager (000002D0299C58B0): Connect failed. Retrying for 38.95 more seconds.

Could you help me understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @torstein ,

Are you able to connect to your server by running it manually on your remote ?

If so, please share the commands you are using.