Updating Filters of Live Programmable Sources on New Data

I don’t know how to get the rest of a pipeline to update in response to a Live Programmable Source changing its output. For example, let’s say I add such a source that outputs a vtkTable with a simple script:

from numpy.random import randn
output.RowData.append(randn(50), 'noise')

and make it always update with CheckNeedsUpdate script set to:

self.SetNeedsUpdate(True)

If any of this up to here is not how I’m meant to use the Live Programmable Source, please do let me know, but this part more or less works as I want it to, other than the fact that I can’t seem to change the update interval.

Now, let’s say I add a filter to it, like Extract Selection, and plot it. The filter will only update when I move my mouse across the plot rather than when the source data changes. Is there some way to do this? What if I have something more flexible like a programmable filter?

If the answer to the above questions is ‘no’, is there something I can enter into the Python Shell to force an update on demand?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mainly, if a source is updated, views should also be updated … I opened a bug report (https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/19553).

In the python shell, you can use the command Update() on the choosen view. (see GetActiveView() and GetViews())

Concerning the update interval, you can add a python attribute on the live source to compare with current time and update each n seconds. See this thread : update automatic data input