Visualization issues

Hello,

I’ve been using Paraview for a while now and today something strange is happening. I am used to have vtu files compiled in a pvd file and read it as time series. And yesterday I could visualize it normally but today it not the case.

When I try to visualize it I have an error message like this :

ERROR: In ./VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 375
vtkXMLDataParser (0x5610cc2beda0): Error parsing XML in stream at line 27, column 0, byte index 1884: junk after document element

ERROR: In ./VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLReader.cxx, line 521
vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader (0x5610cc450f00): Error parsing input file.  ReadXMLInformation aborting.

ERROR: In ./VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 752
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x5610cdabcae0): Algorithm vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader(0x5610cc450f00) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x5610cda0e5d0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 125802
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

And I know the vtu file format is correct and there is nothing wrong with it because the problem reveals itself when i use paraview with remote visualization through a pvserver run whereas i have no problem visualizing it on my computer when I store the data on my desktop. (I’m not sure if I’m clear).

I’ve never had this problem before and I don’t know what can be the cause.

https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=37e79ed8-190f-4b39-8eeb-5b45e4963699

If something could help me,

Thank you

1 Like

Works fine here with ParaView 5.12.0:

I also didn’t see an issue in ParaView 5.12.0 in client/server mode. Maybe check that the md5 checksum of the file is the same on the client and server machines if it’s not the same file on a shared file system?

Thanks for your replies. I don’t know what happened. I was using the 5.10 version and it doesn’t work anymore (the error messages). I’ve installed the 5.12 and now I have 0 issues.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to open data with ParaView