CoProcessing plugin not available?

I downloaded ParaView 5.6.2 for MacOSX. I’m trying to follow the instruction from the corresponding Catalyst user manual, namely to load the CoProcessing plugin, however this plugin doesn’t show up in the list when going to Tools > Manage Plugins.

The documentation says “There are two main prerequisites for creating Catalyst Python scripts in the ParaView GUI. The first is that ParaView is built with the Catalyst Script Generator plugin enabled.”
Are the downloadable releases of ParaView built with Catalyst? Or is there an alternate link for versions built with Catalyst (I search the download page unsuccessfully).

Thanks

Hi,

Short answer: the plugin does not exist anymore, it is fully integrated with ParaView. Use the menu ‘Catalyst/Define Export’.

There is indeed something wrong with the available guide for version 5.6 (and also for 5.7) . But you can safely use the nightly version of the Catalyst Guide.

@cory.quammen: can we update the available versions ?

Ah thanks! Yes, since the guide for 5.6.0, 5.6.2, and 5.7 had the same info, I thought I was doing something wrong.

On which link can it be accessed? I could only find the hidden (not available through the main documentation page) C++ API.

For me, Catalyst 5.10.1 does not contain this entry. Is it the same that can be found in File - Save Catalyst State… ?

This thread is quite old, and as Catalyst is in continuous developement, the answers may not be relevant for more recent version.

Please open your own thread instead.

Also, have a look at How to try out Catalyst2 as a starting point